Saturday 4 August 2012

Thrift Shop Blog Hop Challenge.... Rags to Riches!

I finished my Thrift shop challenge! And a challenge it has been too.... I have made and unmade 3 things with my poor little broken necklace and finally realised I had been trying too hard. So I decided to do what I normally do and just stare at it for a while, put it away and leave it. Thankfully it worked and the idea came as I was playing songpop with Sarah.... 99 Red Balloons! Ok, ok, there are not 99 beads here but that's when the images began to pop. I slept on it and then made it this morning. Just one false start this time until I ended up with this double/wrap bracelet with the connectors & extension chain taken from my 50p bargain and put together with Swarovski Pearls & some sumptuous Red Coral. I realise some of you may have a problem with the use of Coral.... my apologies if you do. But I love it and am really pleased with the end result. Thank you Miss Goode for challenging my addled brain.
So now it's time for me to see what everyone else made. Please look too! Here is the list of the other participants in this hop:

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It was definitely worth the wait. those colours really make the best out of the necklace you bought.

    And did you notice my mistake? I forgot to add you to the bloghop list. You're on there now though. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job, those colors really POP! I would have liked to see how it looked before you reworked it, sort of a 'before & after'

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sarah I did *lol* I forgive you x

    @Tammie the post previous to this show's what the broken necklace looked like, it's quite different. Apologies for not including a 'during' pic too. I was so excited to have finished and wanted to blog I forgot! hehe Thank you for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm was overlooked as a participant as well: http://deelitefuljewelrycreations.blogspot.com/2012/08/thrift-store-blog-hop.html

    I love your necklace! The rich red color really compliments it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun hop! I just love the red in your piece - nicely done!

    ReplyDelete