Monday 25 June 2012

Race For Life

Yesterday I did the Race for Life with some of my workmates. We have managed to raise £315.00 so far which is fantastic. If you can spare a pound or two please click on the picture below to be taken to the JustGiving Page:
 This is our team: Stacy, Leah, Claire, Vicki, Hazel, Little Laura and Me.

In case you have never heard of it, Race For Life is an annual event which raises money and awareness for Cancer Research UK.
 Cancer Research UK is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. We are fighting cancer on all fronts, finding new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat it to save more lives. We are entirely funded by the public. With your help, we can ensure more people beat cancer.

I would love to say I ran all the way but I didn't. In fact I walked more that I ran. The whole thing has highlighted that I am in terrible shape. The photo's are terrible (I would un-tag myself if it wasn't for the good cause) and it's left me feeling quite low and with very little confidence once more. So... next year I plan to be fit. And slimmer. I hope to run all the way next year and then maybe I'll feel like I have achieved something.

No comments:

Post a Comment